Hall councils represent the student leadership within the residence halls. Each hall has its own hall council. These are all of the hall councils on campus: Academic Village (including Aspen, Engineering, and Honors), Allison, Braiden, Corbett, Edwards, Ingersoll, Laurel Village (including Alpine and Pinon), Newsom, Parmalee, Summit, and Towers (including Durward and Westfall).
Hall councils meet on Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30 in their own hall, or wherever the hall council decides to go for their meeting. Meetings are times when hall councils work together as a group to plan programs for the residents in their hall that are engaging, and have a positive impact on the residents in their hall. Programs can have really fun feelings with it, like an ice cream social, or it can have a serious tone with it, like an advocacy round-table to talk about recent events in the community.
Any resident living in one of the halls has the chance to run for the eBoard in their hall’s hall council. These are the positions that residents can run for:
- They manage over their hall council, and talk with the other hall council presidents about program ideas they should do for their hall.
- They facilitate all meetings, and help to make their hall council the best on campus.
- They manage over the Aggie Points for their hall council, which could lead to a hall council receiving the Hall Council Travelling Trophy if they win.
- They mange all of the funds for their hall council
- They talk with SLiCE to make sure their hall council is able to purchase things for their events.
- They assist the president with general things, such as taking minutes for meetings, keeping track of attendance at weekly meetings, and other basic things.
- They help to advocate for the things in their hall and their community within their hall council’s meetings and events.
- They talk with their hall’s Inclusive Community Assistant (ICA) to learn more ways to advocate for the things around them.
- They help to make their hall council members better people, by making them more willing to learn new things about the people or organizations around them.
- They make posters and advertisements for their hall council and their events.
- They spread the word about hall council and what they do to the residents in their hall.
- They talk with the other marketing chairs to learn of new ways to make their marketing materials better for their residents.
- They serve as a liaison for their hall council to the RHA space and vice versa.
- They help to pass legislation that comes through RHA.
- They talk with other RHA senators to learn about event ideas they could do in their hall council.
- They serve as a liaison for their hall council to the NRHH space and vice versa.
- They learn ways to develop themselves professionally and personally with weekly activities.
- They give back to their community through service opportunities.
- They give guidance or suggestions to upcoming events that can help to make them better for their Hall Council.
- They do not necessarily have any responsibilities in their Hall Council, unless they decide to be more involved with their Hall Council
- They are always welcome at their Hall Council’s meetings, and are strongly encouraged to attend as many meetings as possible.
If your interested in joining hall council, which you should be, then go to this link to fill out a really easy application!
Academic Village Hall Council meets in the Aspen Hall Conference Room
Academic Village’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Lauren Rodgers.
Allison Hall Council meets in the movie room.
Allison Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is TBD.
Braiden Hall Council meets in the Braiden lobby.
Braiden Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Carmyn Ginnetti.
Corbett Hall Council meets in the Corbett Lounge.
Corbett Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Hannah Cowie.
Ingersoll Hall Council meets in the Ingersoll Lobby.
Ingersoll Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Emma Juchau
Laurel Village Hall Council meets in the Pavilion Seminar Room.
Laurel Village’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Jonah Heintzleman.
Newsom Hall Council meets in the Newsom Event Center.
Newsom Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Madi Smith.
Parmelee Hall Council meets in the basement study room.
Parmalee Hall’s Residential Leadership Programs Liaison is Devon Hudiburg.